Enjoying flexibility. My boys are so completely different, and I realize that my science choice (made mostly with my little engineer's need for hands-on activities in mind) would not have been the first choice for my little Mr. Academia (Addison). Luckily, I had pre-purchased a science curriculum (The Story of Science: Aristotle Leads The Way), that picked out with Addison in mind, and had planned to save for another year. It's frames itself around the history of science, which Addison will soak up like a sponge and LOVE. Asa, on the other hand, would hate it. Like... with fiery dagger eyes. Today, when Asa was chomping at the bit for Addison to be ready to start science with him, and I realized how much Addison was dragging his feet, I pulled him aside and asked him if he would prefer a more structured format. Needless to say, he was excited. Both boys are now happy as clams, and will no doubt learn way more from this point on than they would have if we had kept on keepin' on. Addison will have to help Asa with some experiments, and will enjoy watching them in action (the girls are also loving all the fun science activity!), but he will have a curriculum that fits him to a tee.
No comments:
Post a Comment