Jeff and I came back from a weekend trip, and I had all of my babies are under one roof. On the way home from picking up Ivey she says, "When I saw you, I thought you were so beautiful." And.... I melted.
___________
"My poot was silent. Like the e in my name." -Olive
___________
Olive has now started calling her sister "Sucka", which has made normal conversations so much more entertaining. Examples: "Come back and play with me, Sucka!" or "You didn't brush your back teeth, Sucka!"
_____________________
Olive:
"When I'm a grown up and have money, I am going to tell my kids that I don't have any money when they ask for stuff at the store."
"So they won't spend up my money."
______________________
In case you were wondering, ANY two-syllable word fits into the "shoo fly, don't bother me" song. My girls have sporadically broken into the song using any mentioned two-syllable word for the past 6 months. It also helps to sing it fast and twangy... slightly reminiscent of the Hamster Dance song. (Example, "Ivey, would you like French fries?" "French fries, don't bother me" (repeat), "Olive, make sure to go pee pee." "Pee pee, don't bother me"
______________________
Me: "Olive, put on your flip flops, please."
Olive: "They aren't flip flops. They are sandals. They have straps on the back."
Me: "well, those are flip flops with a strap."
Olive: "Oh, so flip flops with feet-seatbelts. Got it."
______________________
Olive: "What time are we going?"
Me: "3:00"
Olive: "I don't know when 3:00 is."
Me: "In two and a half hours."
Olive: (sigh) "I just don't know what stuff means."
No comments:
Post a Comment