Sunday, November 1, 2015

Homeschooly Quotes


Olive: "When we start homeschool again can we have Circle Time like we did in preschool?"
Ivey: "There is only three of us, Olive. We'll have triangle time."

________________


Me: "Asa, do you have a paperclip?"
Asa: "No. Did you know 39 deaths a year involve paperclips?"


________________
Olive: "When we act bad, you could just say, 'Don't act like the leader of China!'"

________________


Olive: "How many years since Jesus was born was I born?"
......
Me: "Um. 2010, Olive.
You were born in 2010....
A.D."
________________

Olive has decided that this sora rail bird is a "martian".
Because it lives in a marsh.

________________

Addison: "Did Marco Polo stay in China for 13 or 17 years? I remember it being a prime number."
I think it's pretty funny that the child thinks I would know this fact off the top of my head.

________________


"No complaining, Olive. There are kids that have been in school for hours already.
And they're wearing pants."

________________

"I'm gonna take notes like a girl."
-Addison

________________


What I would say: "Choose a number between 10 and 50."
What Olive said, "Choose a two-digit number that starts with a 1, 2, 3, or 4."

________________

Me: "Girls, you absolutely HAVE to clean your room."
Olive: "Can I have one of those math sheets?"
Me: "Not until you finish cleaning your room!"
~~a few minutes later~~
Me: "Girls, I will give you each a pack of smarties if you can get your room cleaned up in the next 15 minutes."
Olive: (Sigh) "Okay, but can I still have a math sheet?"




Addison: "Mom! I got a 100 on my science notebook! I'm not complaining or anything, but I really don't know if they should give hundreds on that sort of thing. I mean, you can always be more organized."
 
____________________

Ivey: "Can I have the white board? I'm teaching my baby doll math!"
Olive: "It's preschool. She's not supposed to learn math."




(Picture Description: Ivey has informed me that she is running a cryopreservation clinic. These are cells so that the cat can have kittens.)

No comments: