Thursday, July 23, 2015

Summer Strings

 I am LOVING this week. My child, who usually stresses out about having things on his calendar and who would opt not to leave the house just as a means of stress management, is EXCITED to go to pack up his cello and go Summer Strings Camp every single day from 9:00-2:00! In typical fashion, he wakes up over an hour early just to be sure he can easily get in his farm chores, get dressed, pack up, and eat (in that order because, in his words, he could go without eating if needed but all of the other things MUST be done). Of course, he spends a good 15 minutes trying to get me out of bed earlier than my alarm, just because he doubts that I can get dressed, pack a lunch, and get the girls in the car all in my allotted 20 minutes. My (preplanned) snooze button addiction makes that anxiety alarm of his go off! Silly boy. We are wired SO differently, but I believe the good Lord knew just what he was doing to put the two of us together.

No comments: