Monday, March 9, 2015

Mother Knows Best

"I don't temember the starting of my life."

-Olive

___________________

 I was (theatrically) singing along with "Mother Knows Best".

Olive said, "You don't really know 'best'. You just know 'okay'."

___________________

Asa: "Can you Google how many steps a hamster has to take to burn 1 calorie?"

__________________


Addison gets home from Aikido at 9:15. He sits down beside me and says, "If they could send text messages during the Fall of Rome, it would have turned out REALLY different."

________________________


"I do NOT have imaginary friends!
I have invisible friends."

________________________


Ivey (said way after bedtime and theatrically) : "When I wake up tomorrow, I'm not gonna do my school.... I'm gonna DANCE!"


__________________


"One thing I like about hockey is that, at home, when I toot, everyone says, 'Olive!', but when I toot at hockey, no one knows."
-Olive

_______________________

Me: "How early do you remember? Do you remember when you lived with Mim & Papa?, and your room was upstairs?"
Olive: "Huh?! I thought we were born to YOU!"

_______________________

Olive: "Simon says 'Smell the shoe.'"

_______________________

Passing back food at the Wendy's drive thru:
Me: "Olive, cheeseburger, plain..... Asa, hamburger with everything.... Ivey, just ketchup."
Ivey: "No! This isn't mine! It's not just ketchup!"
I inspect... it's just a hamburger with ketchup. I then look at her, confused.
Ivey: "It's NOT just ketchup. There's MEAT on this one. I JUST wanted ketchup."

_______________________

Olive: "How did you know how to do that?! Oh... you're a mommy. You know everything....
Except bears.
I don't think you know anything about bears."









No comments: