Thursday, February 5, 2015

Random Stuff

 Olive: "There's someone in a Disney movie who is way too smiley."

Me: "Which movie?" 

Olive: "The one where it is part cartoon and part real. She is way too smiley when she's real."
Me: "Oh. That's called Enchanted."
Olive: "Yeah. Too smiley. I'm not too smiley. I'm not even all that nice."


______________________

Me: "Do you want a cup of icecream, a cookie, or an ice cream cone?"
Olive, with hands on both sides of her head in distress: "Will there be icecream on the cone?"
Me: "Yes. Sorry, I didn't specify."
...and the woman in line behind us laughed.

________________________

We're meeting the scout troop at the middle school that I went to (Whitewater MS). Asa says, I've never been in a school before."
Me: "You wanna go in this one and look around?"
Asa: "Nope. I wanna go my whole life saying I've never been in a school."

________________________

Olive: "Sometimes I just think a lot about how my hands and legs can move."


________________________

Yesterday morning, Olive wanted to play games on the computer, but I was on it. So, she stared at me. Intently. Then, she said, "I'm going to stare at you till you go up to Heavens."
I conceded to the obvious winner.

________________________

Asa says when it's done it "will shoot 11 rubber bands per second."


________________________

Often, Olive's questions throw me off.
(Riding in the car tonight...)
Olive: "If you get trapped by the police, do they trap your kids, too?"
Me: "Um..... No?"
Olive: "What do they do with your kids?"
Me: "Well.... call your grandparents or someone to come get you?"
Olive: "Yeah. I guess they'd want them to live. I mean, they aren't grown up yet."
(An hour later....)
Olive: "Do you have your phone?"
Me: "Yes."
Olive: "You should always have your phone with you. So we can use it to call someone if the police get you."
What the HECK?!







No comments: