Monday, July 10, 2017

Crane Day 4


Over the past 3 days, progress has been difficult, but slowly and surely, it’s coming along.  The girts and some floor joists went up between bents 1 and 2.  At the end of the day, we raised bent 3, which was far less stressful that then first two!  On Tuesday, the guys struggled with the girts between bents 2 and 3.  They needed a lot of adjustments, shaving off here and there, and each one of the first two girts had to be taken off and placed back on 4-6 times.  So far, that was our most frustrating day as far as progress goes.

              On day one, I hopped down off of the low side of the foundation, which is not very high, and hit a dip in the ground.  My ankle snapped…. two torn ligaments.  So, I’ve been in a boot and on crutches (and in pain) ever since.  This was NOT in the plans, and it’s incredibly frustrating for me to be sidelined when there is so much for me to be doing.

All in all, things are going well… the joint work is just gorgeous, and I’m really started to get a good idea for how this house will feel!






















No comments: