Sunday, August 16, 2015

Bent #3 Completed & On Site

Yesterday was a bit of a whirlwind.  We gave ourselves until next week to have bent #3 completed, numbered, disassembled, and moved to the tent on the property.  That meant that Jeff and Randy spent all day yesterday cutting the mortises and fitting the braces for the corners (each brace is custom fit).  While they worked on that, I routed the edges wherever needed.  Once pieces were in place and all was well, each (massive) piece was taken apart and labeled.  Before we loaded them onto the trailer, I treated each surface with Tim-bor.  We worked all stinkin' day long, and it was HOT, but we got it all completed.  Jeff, Randy, and the boys took three trailer loads (and our handy-dandy pieces of culvert pipe that we've used to move all these beams with) to the property, and this bent is now ready to be stood up on top of our new basement walls!

Each bent takes about 2 months to complete, so we are hoping to have the final two bents built by the end of the year.  


Saturday, August 15, 2015

I have a yard! It's a dirt yard, but it's a yard!


Front
Side


Out back
Bored Preteen #1
Looking from the back field
Bored preteen #2

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

More work on Bent #3

If you look closely, you can see the doorway to the 2nd floor master suite!


The bent was measuring exactly 24' across at top and bottom.
But the diagonals were not adding up.  Jeff needed to shift things.
He pulled it tight with straps overnight, and things looked much better in the morning!