Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012


My day began with noise from the living room.  The boys had gotten up to see what the Easter Bunny had brought them.  The problem?  It was 3am.  I huffed and puffed and got them back into bed.  At 4:30am, Ivey showed up in my bed... and slept there, kicking me in the neck.

At 7:30am, the boys were back up, waking up Ivey in the process.  By 7:45, I think they had eaten their weight in chocolate... and I didn't have the energy to protest.    Once Olive woke up, Ivey took her by the hand, knelt down, and explained to her in her talking-to-my-baby-sister-very-sweetly voice that the Easter Bunny had come... and whisked her off to show her the basket of goodies.  As I struggled to keep my eyes open, the girls had a Easter grass fight... making it look like Easter had vomited all over my living room!  Although I was beat, the kids had a great Easter morning.

After church, we headed next door for lunch and the egg hunt.  It was one of those awesome, relaxed, fun days... The kids jumped on the trampoline with their cousins, rode the 4 wheeler, and played on the swingset. The crowd didn't disperse until dusk, just as the kids were settling into their spiraling sugar comas.  And, what better way to end Easter than to rock with my little ones as they sang "Jesus Loves Me".

He is risen, indeed.




No comments: